London 2012 Olympics schedule released in full
OLYMPICS organisers have released the full schedule for the events that will make up the London 2012 Games.
The world’s greatest sporting event will come to the capital next summer, with around 8.8 million tickets available for the Olympics and a further two million for the Paralympics.
The opening ceremony will be on Friday, July 27, with events starting from 8.30am the following morning.
Among the first events to kick off will be the boxing and table tennis at ExCel, the basketball at The O2 (to be called the North Greenwich Arena during the Games) and the equestrian eventing at Greenwich Park.
The athletics begins on August 3, with the eagerly-anticipated 100m final the following day.
You may also want to watch:
Applications for Olympic Games tickets will be accepted between March 15 and 26 April 26 this year. There is no advantage to submitting an application on the first day or the last day.
For sessions where demand exceeds supply, London 2012 will use an automated and random selection process (‘ballot’) to ensure the fairest possible allocation of tickets for those sessions.
- 1 Tribute to 7th Barts Health Trust worker to die of Covid-19
- 2 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 3 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 4 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 5 Drug and alcohol abuse by Tower Hamlets parents and children soars
- 6 'We need laptops for lockdown children to learn from home’ Tower Hamlets mayor urges
- 7 Disgraceful management of the pandemic
- 8 Have you seen this 52-year-old man missing from Ilford?
- 9 Post deliveries in east London hit by Covid crisis among Royal Mail staff
Payment will be taken from all successful applicants between May 10 and June 10 2011, and people will be notified of any tickets they have been allocated by June 24.