London Judokwai enjoy medal success
- Credit: Archant
London Judokwai enjoyed some medal success at the Independent Schools’ Association’s National Judo Championships.
The club took a team of seven students from Lyceum School to represent them at the competition at High Wycombe Judo Centre this month.
It was a tough day of fighting, but the club came home with seven different medals, with their stand-out performer being Max Judd, who bagged a gold medal and was crowned ISA National champion.
The other medals went to Maya Godfrey and Merlin Gore who both bagged silvers, while Genevieve Elms, Sienna Montoya, Annalise Elms and Alice Fletcher all picked up bronze medals for their efforts.
President Mike Chapman said: “It was wonderful seeing our players competing and doing their best to apply what they have learned since September 2017 when London Judokwai started teaching at their school.
You may also want to watch:
“Their progression over the year has been superb.”
- 1 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 2 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 3 Two in five people in Tower Hamlets may have had Covid-19
- 4 Post deliveries in east London hit by Covid crisis among Royal Mail staff
- 5 'I can save the planet with my seaweed' scientist in east London claims
- 6 Disgraceful management of the pandemic
- 7 Leyton Orient seal late victory over Morecambe
- 8 Drug and alcohol abuse by Tower Hamlets parents and children soars
- 9 Leyton Orient boss Embleton expecting more movement in the transfer window
- 10 'Laptop bonanza' for schoolchildren in Poplar to help survive lockdown gloom