Titans receive charitable donation for European push
- Credit: Archant
Club presented with cheque for over £10.5k by charity Path to Success
London Titans Wheelchair Basketball Club have been presented with a five figure cheque by a leading disability charity to fund their forthcoming European exploits.
Ahead of their recent match against the Owls, Titans received over £10,500 in a charitable donation from Path to Success, the leading UK disability charity.
The funds were raised at Path to Success’s Wheelchair Basketball tournament at the Copper Box Arena in September.
The money will be used by the club to fund their attendance in the European Cup this month.
You may also want to watch:
It caps a historic period for the Titans, who had their match against the Owls streamed live on the BBC Sport website for the first time in their history.
This is the third consecutive year that Path to Success has raised funds to support London Titans.
- 1 Teenager suffers 'life-changing' injuries after alleged attack in Shadwell
- 2 Man who died in Mile End park named
- 3 Two men arrested in connection with Shadwell double stabbing
- 4 Jailed: Tower Hamlets man who tried to rape another man
- 5 Truman Brewery offices, shops and restaurants plan gets green light
- 6 Two men rescued from Shadwell flat fire
- 7 Councillor ex-husband of MP Apsana Begum suspended from Labour Party
- 8 Repair Shop's Jay Blades hosts bingo for older Londoners
- 9 'Food delivery' youth in suspect Shoreditch drugs bust
- 10 Three held after shots reportedly fired at house in Bethnal Green
“We are proud and excited to present London Titans with this donation, and we look forward to watching the Titans show the rest of Europe what the UK is capable of,” said Anita Choudhrie, the found of Path to Success.
“Creating an environment where disabled athletes can get together and compete is crucial to our mission as a charity, and we will continue to support worthy causes like this one.’