Martial Arts: Success for Veras Academy at Two-Day National Karate Championships
- Credit: Archant
The latest news from the Veras Academy club
Veras Academy collected 25 medals in total at the Two-Day National Karate Championships.
The London-based club, who train in Tower Hamlets, Islington and Hackney, sent a 27-strong team to the event at the Leicester Arena.
A string of impressive displays saw Veras collect 14 gold medals, five silver medals and six bronze medals at the competition.
The club were also able to collect gold and silver medals in the disability kata categories.
You may also want to watch:
“We are so proud of our athletes and the army of parents that support our team,” said sensei Raphael Veras.
“This shows that preparation, practice, participation and persistence pays off.”
- 1 The Queen lends her name to Royal London’s emergency Covid wards
- 2 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 3 Death of woman, 75, in Mile End fire could have been avoided
- 4 No injuries but 20 rescued as firefighters tackle Limehouse blaze
- 5 Police raid cannabis factory near Liverpool Street station: 2 arrests
- 6 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 7 Doctors urge Tower Hamlets mayor to end support for Silvertown Tunnel
- 8 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 9 Tribute to 7th Barts Health Trust worker to die of Covid-19
- 10 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
All abilities are welcome to join the club, who have training bases across the capital.
For more information about the club, click here.
Details about the club’s training bases and the arrangements can be found by following the above link, as well as contact details for Veras Academy.