Medals for Manor Park duo
- Credit: Archant
Karate club have success in Sheffield
East London-based karate club Kaizen Ryu made their mark at the AMA International Championsihps in Sheffield.
The Manor Park Dojo had two members on the team, Jasmine David and Jacob Willmore, as more than 400 competitors from all over the UK and Europe attended the two-day event at the prestigious Ponds Forge venue.
David won silver in the women’s Goju Ryu Kata category, narrowly losing out to an outstanding performance by a Romanian rival.
Willmore, 13, competed in kumite on the second day and did not disappointing, putting into practice skills learnt at training.
You may also want to watch:
The youngster progressed through the opening rounds to the final, but having sustained a knee injury in his semi-final Willmore pulled up seconds into the gold-medal bout and had to forfeit, walking off with silver.
A spokesman said: “The Kaizen Ryu team is looking strong going into the rest of the year and Manor Park Dojo intends to continue to play its part.”
- 1 Tribute to 7th Barts Health Trust worker to die of Covid-19
- 2 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 3 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 4 Drug and alcohol abuse by Tower Hamlets parents and children soars
- 5 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 6 'We need laptops for lockdown children to learn from home’ Tower Hamlets mayor urges
- 7 The Queen lends her name to Royal London’s emergency Covid wards
- 8 Disgraceful management of the pandemic
- 9 Have you seen this 52-year-old man missing from Ilford?
More information on the Manor Park Dojo can be found at www.manorpark-karate.co.uk.