Miah triumphs in eight-ball pool event
- Credit: Archant
Competition took place at Arch’s Kitchen in Cambridge Heath Road
Shabul Miah had something to celebrate after triumphing at the Arch’s Kitchen Eight-Ball Pool Competition.
The competition took place at the sponsor’s base in Cambridge Heath Road and drew a field of talented pool players.
In the final, Miah overcame promising 14-year-old Sajjid Ibrahim, who had seen off one of the main contenders for the crown in the semi-finals.
Miah had to use all of his experience to beat his teenage rival in the final, but played some amazing shots on his way to victory.
You may also want to watch:
As a reward for his win, Miah was handed a cheque for £500.
The competition was in part put on to mark the opening of new restaurant Arch’s Kitchen, which has been fitted with several pool tables.
- 1 Murder arrest after woman stabbed to death in Whitechapel this morning
- 2 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 3 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 4 Two men arrested after police officers assaulted in Limehouse rave
- 5 Leyton Orient announce partnership with Hartford Athletic
- 6 Lovely Day for Aldgate School picked to sing on Billy Ocean's new single
- 7 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 8 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 9 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
Abdul Samad of sponsors Arch’s Kitchen said: “I’d like to thank all the participants at March’s event and I am looking forward to sponsoring the next competition in April 2019.”