Millwall host Rugby World Cup launch event
- Credit: Archant
Millwall Rugby Club welcomed more than 400 children from primary schools across the borough for our Rugby World Cup launch event.
The event was a great success with the children not only being taught rugby basics including passing, kicking and tackling but also the importance of communication, team work and respect.
Although the vast majority of the children had not played rugby before, the volunteers were certainly impressed with the skills on show and you never know, perhaps we will see some of them at the world cup in a few years' time.
A club statement said: Of course, this would not have been possible without all the volunteers, teachers and teaching assistants so many thanks to them.
A special thanks also to Amos London Sports Business School who sent along a group of volunteers.
You may also want to watch:
Visit www.millwallrugby.com for more information.
- 1 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 3 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 4 Council fined for Alexia Walenkaki's playground death in Mile End and says sorry to family
- 5 Ethnic communities not taking up Covid jabs, Tower Hamlets Mayor warns
- 6 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 7 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 8 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 9 Death of woman, 75, in Mile End fire could have been avoided
- 10 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel