Millwall fall to heavy Old Cooperians defeat
- Credit: George Phillipou/TGS Photo
London 3 Essex: Millwall 13 Old Cooperians 66
Millwall RFC fell to a seventh consecutive defeat as they succumb to a 66-13 defeat against an Old Cooperians team full of pace and power.
Despite a positive start in which Rio Cooper put the men in black and red 3-0 up, Old Cooperians soon started to exert their dominance with a sweeping move finishing under the posts.
Millwall weren’t disheartened however and looked strong when they put the phases together but without an end product.
Strong tackling from Bruno Brods and scrumhalf Miguel Bremer kept Cooperians at bay, but they could only be kept out for so long and two more quick tries followed.
You may also want to watch:
The final play of the half belonged to Millwall though as Cooper stole a ball from the back of a ruck on his 22, before offloading to Bremer who stormed up the pitch.
Brilliant interchanging between Brods and Andy Matthews followed, before a fortuitous chip and chase ended up in Matthews hands to dot down.
- 1 The Queen lends her name to Royal London’s emergency Covid wards
- 2 Death of woman, 75, in Mile End fire could have been avoided
- 3 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 4 That's so raven: Everything you need to know about the guardians of the Tower
- 5 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 6 No injuries but 20 rescued as firefighters tackle Limehouse blaze
- 7 Police raid cannabis factory near Liverpool Street station: 2 arrests
- 8 Tribute to 7th Barts Health Trust worker to die of Covid-19
- 9 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 10 Doctors urge Tower Hamlets mayor to end support for Silvertown Tunnel
The second-half played out similar to this first, with Old Cooperians attacking from anywhere on the pitch and scoring some great tries, before Millwall grabbed another that was of note.
Cooper made a half break before offloading to Matthews on a sharp angle, who sped off before passing the ball on to Brods. He then excellently handed off the full back before scoring out wide.
Millwall need to dig deep to get through this streak and it won’t come easy as they take on Barking this Friday night.