Millwall reach Shield final
Millwall RFC's Invincibles look set to crown their stellar season by landing the Essex President's Shield
Millwall RFC's Invincibles look set to crown their stellar season by landing another major trophy after reaching the final of the Essex President's Shield with a spectacular 27-17 defeat of Campion.
The Isle of Dogs side, who secured the Essex Division Two title after going through the entire league campaign unbeaten, were considered underdogs ahead of their semi-final clash with the Division One promotion hopefuls.
But Millwall turned the tables on Campion, racing into a nine-point lead inside the opening 10 minutes and keeping their noses in front throughout a dramatic encounter to clinch a final showdown with Thames later this month.
"We played our guts out and we're delighted to be in the final," said Millwall's Tan Parsons.
You may also want to watch:
Millwall made a lightning start and took charge with three early penalties from fly-half Dom Sutherland before Parsons touched down following a break by winger Naz Mohammed.
Campion clawed their way back into the game after the break, but Louis Newton powered over as Millwall regained the initiative and survived late pressure to reach the final.
- 1 The Queen lends her name to Royal London’s emergency Covid wards
- 2 Tribute to 7th Barts Health Trust worker to die of Covid-19
- 3 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 4 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 5 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 6 'We need laptops for lockdown children to learn from home’ Tower Hamlets mayor urges
- 7 Drug and alcohol abuse by Tower Hamlets parents and children soars
- 8 Have you seen this 52-year-old man missing from Ilford?
- 9 Disgraceful management of the pandemic
- 10 Surplus DLR land released at Bow for new housing to tackle homes shortage