Millwall Venus dish out a lesson to university girls in style
- Credit: Archant
Ladies get first win under their belts
Millwall Venus 38 LSE 0
After a disappointing start to the season with a couple of depleted teams, Millwall Venus bounced back in style on Saturday with a clean sheet and a host of tries.
The Uni girls beat Millwall last season, but it was the home side who started the better in this game as Michelle Gavagan stormed away from the back of a scrum to score Millwall’s first try of the day.
Natalie Valishvilli added the extras, before a great pass from Jo Sicler put Claire Vigler in for the second, but it was by no means one-way traffic as the LSE, buoyed by a host of substitutes, fought gamely.
You may also want to watch:
Valishvilli eventually went over for her first try, before Andrea Bielska nipped in with an excellent hat-trick.
The closing stages were just a question of clinging on to that clean sheet and they just managed it despite real pressure.
- 1 Ethnic communities not taking up Covid jabs, Tower Hamlets Mayor warns
- 3 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 4 Council fined for Alexia Walenkaki's playground death in Mile End and says sorry to family
- 5 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 6 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 7 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 8 Streets around proposed Chinese embassy building could be renamed after persecuted Muslims
- 9 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 10 Police raid cannabis factory near Liverpool Street station: 2 arrests
Hopefully this will help kick-start their league season, particularly after putting a number of impressive set-pieces together that they had worked on in training.