Mixed fortunes for Tower Hamlets at London Youth Games
- Credit: Archant
It was mixed fortunes for Tower Hamlets in their London Youth Games action this weekend.
The judo team, including the likes of brothers Luan, Liam and Luca Veras, landed bronze at the judo finals behind Hackney and Greenwich in Crystal Palace.
The boys landed a handful of medals in the 34kg category, as well as the 30kg and 46kg events, which proved vital in the final positioning.
Meanwhile, the girls’ handball team were not so successful and failed to win a game at their finals at the Copper Box Arena, although they managed a 2-2 draw against Islington.
They lost to Redbridge (10-2), Croydon (4-0) and Newham (7-3) to go crashing out of the competition.
You may also want to watch:
Tower Hamlets teams will be back in action and looking for success in the road cycling and sailing events, which take place at the Lee Valley Velopark and Queen Mary’s Reservoir this coming weekend.
- 1 Ethnic communities not taking up Covid jabs, Tower Hamlets Mayor warns
- 3 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 4 Council fined for Alexia Walenkaki's playground death in Mile End and says sorry to family
- 5 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 6 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 7 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 8 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 9 Streets around proposed Chinese embassy building could be renamed after persecuted Muslims
- 10 Police raid cannabis factory near Liverpool Street station: 2 arrests