MMA: Brad Pickett beaten by UFC icon Urijah Faber in Sacramento
- Credit: PA Wire/Press Association Images
37-year-old loses second successive fight
Bow boy Brad Pickett was unable to upset home favourite Urijah Faber in Sacramento on Saturday, losing to a unanimous decision.
The 38-year-old Londoner travelled Stateside to take on one of MMA’s pioneers in Faber, who was bringing the curtain down on a 13-year career.
From the off in the bantamweight clash, Pickett was put under pressure by the hometown favourite, decked by a huge left hand as Faber looked to end the fight early, but the Brit survived the round.
Pickett did have some success with calf kicks in the second round, but was still struggling to make any real telling blows.
You may also want to watch:
The 38-year-old did drop Faber in the final round, but Pickett was also subject to several takedowns by his opponents, which the judges reacted favourably to before awarding him the fight.
It was a disappointing end to the calendar year for Pickett, who will hope to be on the card when UFC returns to London in March next year.
- 1 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 2 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 3 Two men arrested after police officers assaulted in Limehouse rave
- 5 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 6 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 7 Death of woman, 75, in Mile End fire could have been avoided
- 8 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 9 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 10 Man sentenced for assault on Homerton Hospital nurse