More success for rookie Williams at Donington Park
- Credit: Archant
Mason quickly gets the hang of Donington circuit
Poplar motorcyclist Mason Williams enjoyed another fine weekend on the track with a trio of second places at Donington Park in the BMCRC Rookie Minitwins series.
It was the first time the 23-year-old Williams had experienced the Derbyshire circuit, but he remained undettered by the task at hand.
The day started well for Williams as he qualified in pole position by 0.4 of a second, and although he was unable to hold on to that, he brought his bike home in second spot.
Williams was pipped to first place in the second race by Steve Costin, losing out by 0.1secs and finished behind Costin once again in the third race.
You may also want to watch:
“Race two went just as good as the first,” said Williams. “I got away at the front with three other rookies. On lap five the leader crashed out at the Melbourne loop which gave me and Steve Costin a good battle to the finish and I just lost out.
“Overall I’m happy with how the weekend went and how much I had to learn in a short space of time.”
- 1 Man, 19, stabbed in Stepney Green Park
- 2 Refugee fighting £2,850 claim in lettings agency dispute
- 3 Cyclist in critical condition after 'serious collision' in Bow
- 4 Shoppers queue for bread on opening weekend of new Wapping street market
- 5 Shops reopening after lockdown now fear council rent hikes
- 6 Jailed: Teenagers who left victim blind in one eye after train stabbing
- 7 Unmesh Desai: British Bangladeshi community is important part of the East End
- 8 Leyton Orient still not at the level top sides are says boss Jobi McAnuff
- 9 'Torrent of hate' stalker tweeted pictures of victim on social media
- 10 Patient group set up over allegations of 'poor care' at Royal London
Williams will be hoping to build on the success at the sixth round of races at Caldwell Park over the weekend of July 19-20.
He remains on the lookout for sponsors, and anyone interested can call 07931 513384 or email email@example.com.