Napa ready to show his class
Ian Napa makes a return to East London to defend his European bantamweight title against French challenger Malik Bouziane
Ian Napa returns to East London tomorrow night to defend his European bantamweight title against French challenger Malik Bouziane at the Newham Leisure Centre.
Experienced champion Napa should be good enough to send his rival home with a second defeat on his record as promoter Frank Maloney continues to press the Hackney fighter's world title ambitions.
"Every fighter on the planet dreams of a world title fight and I will prove myself when I get a chance. I am world class," says Napa.
"Bouziane is a big test for me and if I want to be taken seriously at the highest level I need to show my best form when we meet."
You may also want to watch:
A second title fight on the undercard sees Bristol star Lee Haskins defend his British super-flyweight title against Nottingham's Jason Booth, while British featherweight title contender Akaash Bhatia and former Repton heavyweight Larry Olubamiwo are also in action. Tickets are available from 0871 226 1508.
Promoter Miranda Carter includes a host of TKO Gym fighters on a York Hall show on Sunday afternoon.
- 1 Cops break Covid-19 rules to have haircuts at Bethnal Green police station
- 2 Murder arrest after woman stabbed to death in Whitechapel this morning
- 3 Lovely Day for Aldgate School picked to sing on Billy Ocean's new single
- 4 'Grenfell Tower'-type cladding still not removed from New Providence Wharf after 3 years
- 5 Police e-fit expert retiring after 15 years at Bethnal Green
- 6 Covid hero who did charity walk in Bow aged 100 now has vaccine
- 7 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 8 Two men arrested after police officers assaulted in Limehouse rave
- 9 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
Light welterweight Ashley Theophane meets Southern Area champion Jon Honney in the headline bout, with Chas Symonds, Ryan Barrett, Nathan Weise and Pat McAleese also due to appear.