NBA Crossover exhibition opens in east London
- Credit: Christopher Lee for the NBA
Event celebrates sport and culture of basketball
A special three-day, free exhibition for basketball fans has opened in London today.
NBA Crossover is a cultural exhibition displaying the convergence of the NBA and popular culture through the ages and is being hosted at Kachette in Shoreditch until Sunday evening.
Steve Nash, a two-time MVP and NBA legend, is set to appear at the event, which appeals to members of the general public new to the NBA, as well as the most dedicated basketball fans.
The exhibition is the first of its nature for the NBA, expanding its influence beyond just basketball to showcase the relationship between the league, its players and fashion, music, film and entertainment.
You may also want to watch:
With a range of interactive exhibits, video and imagery, visitors will be able to journey back to the league’s early years and explore the many ways that the NBA has contributed to and been influenced by popular culture developments.
Event organisers have highlighted three key things to see at NBA Crossover, including:
- 1 Murder arrest after woman stabbed to death in Whitechapel this morning
- 2 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 3 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 4 Lovely Day for Aldgate School picked to sing on Billy Ocean's new single
- 5 Leyton Orient announce partnership with Hartford Athletic
- 6 Two men arrested after police officers assaulted in Limehouse rave
- 7 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 8 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 9 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
1. An interactive music area that will showcase how the NBA has become synonymous with music and popular culture, influencing players and musicians alike. The exhibit will take a look at the hip-hop culture, highlighting the sport’s influence on songs by Jay Z, Kanye West and many other artists.
2. A ‘Locker Wall’ highlighting how NBA players have become fashion trendsetters, regularly appearing on magazine covers and attending fashion shows around the world. Locker Wall will handpick a selection of the NBA’s best-dressed players, showing off their style on the NBA catwalk.
3. Courtside Crossover will immerse exhibition attendees in the fascinating narratives and compelling stories of some of the largest personalities in the sporting world. A collection of celebrities photographed courtside at NBA games will be displayed within this section of the exhibit.
The NBA Crossover cultural exhibition is located at Kachette, 347 Old St, London, EC1V 9LP and is open daily from 12-7pm from October 28-30.