Cricket: Neo CC claim title in style
- Credit: Archant
Neo CC were crowned champions of the National Cricket League after a 96-run win over Rat Pack II, writes Emdad Rahman.
Ashraful Islam (28) and Ashfaqur Nobel (38) got them off to a solid start, with Zisan Abedin (33) also chipping in.
Aminul Islam Shihan went on to score 90 off 76 balls, with a six and 13 fours, before Rokan Arafat Mashuk's cameo 27 lifted Neo to 246.
Nobel struck with the first ball of Rat Pack's reply and Abedin kept things tight before captain Ayaz Karim took 4-15.
Mohammed Hassan (2-25) and Umair Khan (2-28) nabbed braces as Shahriar Zahid also had success and Karim said: "Winning the league is always special for a club. Our boys worked really hard throughout the season and delivered something we can feel proud of for many more years to come."
You may also want to watch:
Sponsors Moynul Haque, Mahbub Morshed, Kazi Shahin, Mohammed Rasheed and Tamim Rahman all offered their congratulations to Neo.
- 1 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 3 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 4 Council fined for Alexia Walenkaki's playground death in Mile End and says sorry to family
- 5 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 6 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 7 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 8 Ethnic communities not taking up Covid jabs, Tower Hamlets Mayor warns
- 9 Death of woman, 75, in Mile End fire could have been avoided
- 10 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park