St. James’s Place Wealth Management to sponsor Canary Wharf Classic
- Credit: Archant
The Canary Wharf Classic, London’s most popular squash tournament, looks forward to a period of renewed growth following the announcement of St. James’s Place Wealth Management as the new title sponsors this week.
The 2020 event, rebranded as the St. James's Place Canary Wharf Classic, takes place from March 8-13 at the spectacular East Wintergarden venue at Canary Wharf.
Now in it's 17th year, the PSA World Tour Gold status tournament attracts the world's leading players and continues to sell out every season. Tickets for this year's event went on sale in October and were snapped up within six days.
Tournament Director Tim Garner said: "We are delighted to welcome St. James's Place on board as our new title sponsors. It's wonderful to partner with such a quality brand as we strive to maintain equally high standards at the event and we look forward to working together to keep the event moving forward.
"We are sure the St. James's Place team and their guests will enjoy interacting with the world's greatest players in a beautiful venue packed with knowledgeable spectators, who create a brilliant atmosphere throughout the week.
You may also want to watch:
"With an office next door to the East Wintergarden on Bank Street, it's fitting that their company logo will take pride of place in the middle of the front wall of the glass court.
"Here it will be constantly visible to a huge number of viewers who will be tuning in to the live TV coverage, online streaming and highlights packages that will be available in a variety of formats and help cement their presence on the Wharf."
- 1 Whitechapel murder victim named as teenager charged with killing
- 2 'Grenfell Tower'-type cladding still not removed from New Providence Wharf after 3 years
- 3 Cops break Covid-19 rules to have haircuts at Bethnal Green police station
- 4 Murder arrest after woman stabbed to death in Whitechapel this morning
- 5 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 6 Covid hero who did charity walk in Bow aged 100 now has vaccine
- 7 'It must be urgently addressed': New research into BAME Covid impact
- 8 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 9 Lovely Day for Aldgate School picked to sing on Billy Ocean's new single
- 10 Police e-fit expert retiring after 15 years at Bethnal Green
Paul Ainslie, Head of Sponsorship at St. James's Place Wealth Management, said: "We are delighted to be title sponsor of the 2020 Canary Wharf Squash Classic tournament and support one of the area's most high-profile events.
"With an office next door to the venue, and a close association with Canary Wharf, we are excited to be involved with this year's tournament."
*St. James's Place Wealth Management is a leading UK wealth management organisation.
Founded in 1991, St. James's Place was listed on the London Stock Exchange in 1997 and is a FTSE 100 company, with over £109 billion funds under management.
The company provides face-to-face advice to clients based on their individual needs and circumstances, adapting the advice as requirements change over time to ensure that recommendations remain appropriate.