New York Knicks Kornet excited about opportunity of playing in London
- Credit: NBAE/Getty Images
New York Knicks center Luke Kornet is excited to have the opportunity of playing in the NBA UK match this week.
The Knicks and Wizards will go head-to-head at the O2 Arena on Thursday in the annual NBA London game.
And the 23-year-old American insists it will be a unique experience for himself and all his team-mates.
“We’re very excited for the opportunity,” Kornet said.
“I already know how passionate the fans are from across the world, especially in London, so we’re excited to be able to come over and play a game for them so they can experience it live and first hand.
You may also want to watch:
“It’s definitely a unique experience that is happening more and more often now with the league.
“But I think it’s a great opportunity to have a very competitive game but to also be able to share the game with others too that often don’t have a chance to see it live.”
- 1 Leyton Orient still looking to add one or two new signings
- 2 Poplar MP tells court: 'I fled home when brother said I was possessed'
- 3 John McDonnell is character witness for Poplar MP accused of housing fraud
- 4 Covid stats show cases rising across east London boroughs
- 5 Driver demo blocks Uber's Whitechapel HQ in termination appeals dispute
- 6 Community patrols to stamp out Poplar's street crime
- 7 Leyton Orient boss Jackett full of praise for Sotiriou after Magpies win
- 8 ‘Humanitarian disaster’ food shortage for East End families in poverty
- 9 Ice cream parlour with 'no added sugar' to open in Canary Wharf
- 10 Youthful Orient side nab a draw away to Dulwich Hamlet
The Kentucky-born player revealed he is hoping to explore London while still preparing as usual for their NBA clash.
“I haven’t been to London before but I actually have a good friend who’s from England.
“I think we’re staying down by the section of the London Eye, Big Ben and the more signature places.
“I really hope to just explore as much as I can whilst still being ready and prepared for the game.
“I don’t know if there’s anything in particular other than the main tourist destinations that I want to see.”
He did however reveal he would love to watch a Premier League match but experiencing the culture is the thing he is most excited about.
“I know in past years, some teams have been able to go to an actual EPL game which I thought would be awesome but we won’t be there during a time like that.
“Honestly just being able to experience the culture and just kind of get a feel for the city is something that I’m excited to do.
“It’s always cool to go to a new place and it’s cool that the NBA can provide these kind of opportunities.”