New York Knicks Ntilikina excited to see familar faces at NBA London match
- Credit: NBAE/Getty Images
New York Knicks Frank Ntilikina is excited about playing a match in London as it will give his family and friends a chance to watch him play.
The French point guard revealed plenty of people he knows will be at the O2 Arena supporting him as they take on the Washington Wizards.
“I’m excited, just being back in Europe, being close to my country,” the 20-year-old said.
“I know a lot of people are going to come to the game. They are going to support me and it’s going to be an exciting moment.”
The youngster revealed he would love for the NBA to play a match in his home country of France at some point or even host an All-Star game.
You may also want to watch:
“To play an NBA game in France would feel like a dream, a dream come true.
“Already being an NBA player was one of my dreams, one of my goals as a young kid and to bring that to my country would be amazing.
- 1 The Queen lends her name to Royal London’s emergency Covid wards
- 2 Death of woman, 75, in Mile End fire could have been avoided
- 3 Tribute to 7th Barts Health Trust worker to die of Covid-19
- 4 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 5 That's so raven: Everything you need to know about the guardians of the Tower
- 6 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 7 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 8 'We need laptops for lockdown children to learn from home’ Tower Hamlets mayor urges
- 9 Two in five people in Tower Hamlets may have had Covid-19
- 10 'Laptop bonanza' for schoolchildren in Poplar to help survive lockdown gloom
“I would like to see an All-Star game in Paris as well, that would be awesome.
“I would like to play in an All-Star game, first of all. That’s another dream of mine.”
Ntilikina, who is a big Paris Saint Germain fan, is encouraging basketball fans to get their tickets when they go on sale this Friday.
“Get tickets. It will be an amazing experience to have the chance to witness an NBA game in Europe.
“It’s unbelievable. So just come and enjoy the game.”
He does expect it to be a real tough challenge when they face the Wizards but says he wants to win the London match.
“They have great players – John Wall, Bradley Beal, Otto Porter.
“They have new players on their team that’s going to make them better like Dwight Howard, Austin Rivers and Jeff Green.
“It’s going to be a tough team to play against, but we’re going to compete as much as we can to win the London Game in January.”
Tickets for the NBA London Game 2019 will go on general sale Friday, October 19 at 9 am BST at www.axs.com/nbalondon.
Fans can register their details at NBA.com/London to gain early access to a limited number of tickets via a presale to be held on Wednesday, October, 17 at 9 am BST.