NewVic rack up too many for Havering
- Credit: Archant
Indoor cricket league at the University of East London is into its third week
NewVic College stormed to a dominant win against Havering Sixth Form in the third week of the Essex County Board FE ‘Chance to Shine’ tournament.
After winning the toss, NewVic went in to have a knock and got off to a brilliant start as Arafat Bhuiyan scored 25 from 15 deliveries and Shafi Mohammed scorched 27 runs off just 14 before both retired.
Azlan Bhuiyan did not allow the batting attack to let up at all as he added 28 runs from 13 balls.
He smashed three fours and two sixes in his 13-ball knock to continue the onslaught for NewVic before retiring.
You may also want to watch:
Abdullah Khan also produced a quick-fire 13 runs from five balls to help NewVic get up to 133 from their 10 overs.
Arafat Bhuiyan continued his dominant performance in the Havering innings, dismissing both Jake Southam and Kudiwa Kamudyariwa for duck with consecutive deliveries.
- 1 Ethnic communities not taking up Covid jabs, Tower Hamlets Mayor warns
- 3 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 4 Council fined for Alexia Walenkaki's playground death in Mile End and says sorry to family
- 5 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 6 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 7 Streets around proposed Chinese embassy building could be renamed after persecuted Muslims
- 8 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 9 Police raid cannabis factory near Liverpool Street station: 2 arrests
- 10 No injuries but 20 rescued as firefighters tackle Limehouse blaze
George Maydell was the only Havering batsman to find his form, but it was always like to be in a losing cause.
He scored 36 runs off only 20 deliveries, but his dismissal ended Havering’s innings on 89-6, 45 runs short to give NewVic more success.