Leyton Orient midfielder Josh Wright departs by mutual consent
- Credit: Gavin Ellis/TGS Photo
Leyton Orient confirm that experienced midfielder Josh Wright has left the club by mutual consent.
Wright, who joined the club in the summer of 2019, made 53 appearances for The O’s in all competitions, finding the net on nine occasions.
A moment that will live long in the memory, Wright’s scored an emotional winner against Cheltenham Town, in The O’s first game back in the Football League.
The win was the first competitive game since the tragic passing of Justin Edinburgh, and in a day of beautiful tributes to the man, it was fitting for Josh Wright to pay perhaps the most important one.
“I thoroughly enjoyed working with Josh, he’s a good professional, and has had a big impact on club as a whole for a number of reasons; namely his performances on the pitch and the goals that he scored,” said Leyton Orient Head Coach, Ross Embleton.
You may also want to watch:
“We felt that, with Josh not getting the time on the pitch that he wanted, it suited both him and the club to give him the opportunity to explore different options, rather than wait until the summer.”
“On behalf of myself, the players and all the staff we wish Josh all the best for the future.”
- 1 'Grenfell Tower'-type cladding still not removed from New Providence Wharf after 3 years
- 2 Cops break Covid-19 rules to have haircuts at Bethnal Green police station
- 3 Whitechapel murder victim named as teenager charged with killing
- 4 Murder arrest after woman stabbed to death in Whitechapel this morning
- 5 Covid hero who did charity walk in Bow aged 100 now has vaccine
- 6 Leyton Orient boss Embleton could rotate team for Bolton trip
- 7 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 8 Police e-fit expert retiring after 15 years at Bethnal Green
- 9 Lovely Day for Aldgate School picked to sing on Billy Ocean's new single
- 10 'It must be urgently addressed': New research into BAME Covid impact