Peter picks up a hatful of medals
Top Bethnal Green Sharks swimmer Peter Dixon reduced all his previous times when he competed in the South East Regional Masters Long Course Competition at the K2 Leisure Centre, Crawley, Sussex
Top Bethnal Green Sharks swimmer Peter Dixon reduced all his previous times when he competed in the South East Regional Masters Long Course Competition at the K2 Leisure Centre, Crawley, Sussex.
He won a gold medal in the men's 40-45 year age range freestyle, silver in the 200m and 50m freestyle and a bronze for the 100m freestyle.
Team-mate Julia Shannahan competing in the ladies 35-39 year age range won a silver medal in the 50m freestyle and bronze medals for the 200m and 400m freestyle, also in personal best times.
Dixon has received a letter with a certificate from British Swimming Association congratulating him for breaking the British Swimming Men's 40-45 year 800m Long Course freestyle record at the European Masters in Cadiz, Spain last year.
You may also want to watch:
Dixon now intends to train with the 200 and 400 records in mind for this years Europeans.
- 1 Murder arrest after woman stabbed to death in Whitechapel this morning
- 2 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 3 Two men arrested after police officers assaulted in Limehouse rave
- 4 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 5 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 6 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 8 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 9 Council fined for Alexia Walenkaki's playground death in Mile End and says sorry to family
- 10 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week