Peter picks up a hatful of medals
Top Bethnal Green Sharks swimmer Peter Dixon reduced all his previous times when he competed in the South East Regional Masters Long Course Competition at the K2 Leisure Centre, Crawley, Sussex
Top Bethnal Green Sharks swimmer Peter Dixon reduced all his previous times when he competed in the South East Regional Masters Long Course Competition at the K2 Leisure Centre, Crawley, Sussex.
He won a gold medal in the men's 40-45 year age range freestyle, silver in the 200m and 50m freestyle and a bronze for the 100m freestyle.
Team-mate Julia Shannahan competing in the ladies 35-39 year age range won a silver medal in the 50m freestyle and bronze medals for the 200m and 400m freestyle, also in personal best times.
Dixon has received a letter with a certificate from British Swimming Association congratulating him for breaking the British Swimming Men's 40-45 year 800m Long Course freestyle record at the European Masters in Cadiz, Spain last year.
You may also want to watch:
Dixon now intends to train with the 200 and 400 records in mind for this years Europeans.
- 1 Poplar MP tells court: 'I fled home when brother said I was possessed'
- 2 Leyton Orient boss Jackett full of praise for Sotiriou after Magpies win
- 3 Ice cream parlour with 'no added sugar' to open in Canary Wharf
- 4 Community patrols to stamp out Poplar's street crime
- 5 Fire Brigade deluged with calls for help as floods sweep east London
- 6 Flooding causes road and rail disruption across east London
- 7 John McDonnell is character witness for Poplar MP accused of housing fraud
- 8 Nine Tower Hamlets secondary schools rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 9 Driver demo blocks Uber's Whitechapel HQ in termination appeals dispute
- 10 MP reported ex-husband to police for alleged 'harassment', trial hears