Port Vale investigating racist abuse sent to Leyton Orient goalkeeper Lawrence Vigouroux
- Credit: Gavin Ellis/TGS PHOTO
Port Vale are investigating a racist message sent to Leyton Orient goalkeeper Lawrence Vigouroux at the end of the game at Vale Park.
The keeper reported the comments, sent on social media, and his club have confirmed they will be reporting the incident.
Vale say: “We are aware of an abu
Leyton Orient say: “No one should face racist abuse in any circumstances, we’re all with you Loz. The club will be formally reporting this and hope it’s dealt with fully.”
Supporters of both clubs have condemned the abuse.
You may also want to watch:
sive message sent privately to a Leyton Orient player. Port Vale Football Club will not tolerate abuse of any kind towards officials, players, staff or supporters. The club is investigating.”
The goalkeeper highlighted the comments, saying: “Football such a beautiful game ruined by people like this.”
- 1 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences
- 2 Road and rail round-up: Disruptions to travel in east London this week
- 3 Panel finds gross misconduct proven against Pc arrested on suspicion of drug dealing
- 4 19 arrested and cash seized in East End dawn drug raids
- 5 Police officers save lives in two sperate emergencies on same shift
- 6 'Utterly horrific': Tower Hamlets MPs react to Sir David Amess stabbing
- 7 Prison sentence increased for 'violent and dangerous' man
- 8 CCTV images released of missing man last seen at Bow Road Station
- 9 £18,000 awarded to Bethnal Green church to bring loo up to scratch
- 10 Tower hamlets killing: £20,000 reward offered as two men sought for queries