O's forward Paul Smyth available for trip to Port Vale
- Credit: PA
Forward Paul Smyth available for selection when Leyton Orient make the trip north to Port Vale this weekend.
The O’s will make the trip to Vale Park on Saturday with the 24-year-old expected to make the journey with the squad.
Manager Kenny Jackett may opt to put him on the bench to slowly work the former QPR forward back into the frame rather than start him from the off.
“He’s had a full week’s training and available for Port Vale, which is good news. It’s taken a longer than we thought and I would have wanted,” Jackett said.
“There is a lot of the season to go and I think he’ll make a big contribution for us. In terms of the front three positions, he can play any of those, and off the back of the system we’re playing at the moment we have that flexibility.
You may also want to watch:
“Once he gets going and his finishing could make the difference for us.”
Harry Smith has netted six times while Aaron Drinan and Theo Archibald have both scored three times in the league.
- 1 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences
- 2 Road and rail round-up: Disruptions to travel in east London this week
- 3 Panel finds gross misconduct proven against Pc arrested on suspicion of drug dealing
- 4 19 arrested and cash seized in East End dawn drug raids
- 5 Police officers save lives in two sperate emergencies on same shift
- 6 'Utterly horrific': Tower Hamlets MPs react to Sir David Amess stabbing
- 7 Prison sentence increased for 'violent and dangerous' man
- 8 CCTV images released of missing man last seen at Bow Road Station
- 9 £18,000 awarded to Bethnal Green church to bring loo up to scratch
- 10 Tower hamlets killing: £20,000 reward offered as two men sought for queries
The boss does however feel Smyth will bring another dimension to the Orient attack.
“It’s been a frustrating one for me, I know the side has done well, and the front players have done ok without him.
“I think he’s a big signing for us and came with a lot of expectation. You can see this week that Paul Smyth has a lot of ability as well. I do think for our season he will contribute well.”
Smyth's only appearance for the O's came on the opening day of the season as they drew 0-0 away to Salford City.