Raiders sign Oravec
- Credit: Archant
No return for Kostelansky
London Raiders have announced the signing of import forward Michal Oravec for the 2015/16 National League season, but will not be bringing Jakub Kostelansky back to Lee Valley.
Kostelansky made an instant impression last season, netting 34 seconds into his debut and helping Raiders to some vital wins as they secured a play-off spot.
But he missed their last fixtures due to injury and a club statement said: “Plagued by what appeared to be a long-term shoulder injury, Jakub was unable to complete the season as he returned home for examination of the debilitating condition that probably denied the Raiders his full potential.
“We wish him well for his full recovery and hope that we see him again in a hockey short before to long.”
You may also want to watch:
Kostelansky’s fellow Slovakian Oravec, 34, will line up in gold and blue after spending last season with Streatham and Invicta.
Described as a hard-working, experienced forward, with a “proven ability to score”, Oravec comes from Zvolen and originally came to the UK to play for Solihull in 2006.
- 1 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 2 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 3 Two men arrested after police officers assaulted in Limehouse rave
- 5 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 6 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 7 Death of woman, 75, in Mile End fire could have been avoided
- 8 Ethnic communities not taking up Covid jabs, Tower Hamlets Mayor warns
- 9 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 10 Council fined for Alexia Walenkaki's playground death in Mile End and says sorry to family
He has spent the last few seasons between Streatham and Invicta, scoring 127 points in 99 games, and lives local to Romford.
The club statement added: “When Michal left Streatham last season we contacted him immediately but unfortunaly not immediately enough since Invicta had already agreed terms with him!
“It was a natural progression to renew that pursuit as soon as the season ended and we are pleased to have secured his signature in time to witness his ability in the gold and blue.”
Oravec helped Invicta to the league cup title and play-off final last season and said: “I’m really happy to be joining the Raiders and looking forward to the challenges ahead.”