Repton pair win national titles
- Credit: Archant
The latest boxing news from Tower Hamlets
Repton pair Prince Dubois and Oliver Rolfe both claimed titles at the England Boxing National Junior Championships in Rotherham at the weekend.
Competing at 70kg, Dubois was supported in the crowd by brother Daniel, a professional at heavyweight, and sister Caroline, a champion at European, world and Youth Olympic level.
Dubois took on HEBA rival Henry Rowbotham in his junior cadet final and boxed well to win by unanimous decision.
Fellow Repton hope Rolfe, meanwhile, beat AJ Fuller of Windrush Valley by unanimous decision in the junior cadet final of the 75kg division to claim his national title.
You may also want to watch:
There was also joy in Rotherham for Lansbury amateur James Fernley as he triumphed in the final of the junior 52kg category.
In his final, Fernley was able to record a decision by split decision against Hull rival Codie Smith.
- 1 Ethnic communities not taking up Covid jabs, Tower Hamlets Mayor warns
- 2 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 4 Council fined for Alexia Walenkaki's playground death in Mile End and says sorry to family
- 5 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 6 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 7 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 8 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 9 Streets around proposed Chinese embassy building could be renamed after persecuted Muslims
- 10 Death of woman, 75, in Mile End fire could have been avoided
All three youngsters can certainly be proud of their efforts at the national event in Rotherham.