Repton prospect Dubois wins world youth gold
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
The latest boxing news from Tower Hamlets
Repton lightweight Caroline Dubois had plenty to celebrate after winning gold at the AIBA World Youth Championships in Budapest.
The 17-year-old came through five tough bouts to triumph and become a world youth champion, adding to her three European gold medals.
Dubois reached the final after winning three of her four bouts by unanimous decision, but was pushed hard in her quarter-final which ended in a split decision in her favour.
In the final, the lightweight came up against Nune Asatrian of Russia with the gold medal on the line.
You may also want to watch:
The Repton prospect, though, recorded another unanimous win to taste success in Budapest.
Boxing clearly runs in the family, with Dubois the younger sister of rising heavyweight prospect Daniel.
- 1 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 2 Tribute to 7th Barts Health Trust worker to die of Covid-19
- 3 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 4 Drug and alcohol abuse by Tower Hamlets parents and children soars
- 5 Disgraceful management of the pandemic
- 6 Two in five people in Tower Hamlets may have had Covid-19
- 7 'Laptop bonanza' for schoolchildren in Poplar to help survive lockdown gloom
- 8 Pressure on government to provide laptops for lockdown learning
- 9 That's so raven: Everything you need to know about the guardians of the Tower
And both of the talented Dubois youngsters will hope to continue their blossoming boxing careers with success in their respective fields over the coming months as they look to continue making their mark.