Repton trio aim for quarter-finals
A trio of Repton prospects will bid to extend their success on the national junior title trail at Hayes
A trio of Repton prospects will bid to extend their success on the national junior title trail at Hayes on Sunday afternoon.
Brett Beadon, Jimmy Smith and Sam McNess (pictured), who all won London junior titles last month, are now aiming to move through the last-16 round of the championships and reach the national quarter-finals.
The Bethnal Green club threesome face the winners from the Home Counties in the latest round of the championships, although five of their Repton club-mates look set to receive byes through to the national quarter-finals.
l Frank Maloney launches the St George's Sporting Club tonight with an inaugural dinner and boxing show at The Troxy in Stepney that aims to raise money for British troops.
You may also want to watch:
The dinner show celebrates Maloney's 25 years as a professional boxing promoter and all profits will be split between the Army Benevolent Fund and the Edward Starr Children's Trust.
Heading the four-fight boxing card will be serving soldier Ross Burkinshaw, who meets Liverpool's Mike Robinson for the vacant English super-bantamweight title over 10 rounds.
- 1 Ethnic communities not taking up Covid jabs, Tower Hamlets Mayor warns
- 3 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 4 Council fined for Alexia Walenkaki's playground death in Mile End and says sorry to family
- 5 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 6 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 7 Streets around proposed Chinese embassy building could be renamed after persecuted Muslims
- 8 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 9 Police raid cannabis factory near Liverpool Street station: 2 arrests
- 10 No injuries but 20 rescued as firefighters tackle Limehouse blaze
Other fighters featured on the line-up include former British light-middleweight title challenger Gary Woolcombe and unbeaten heavyweight hope Tom Dallas.
Tickets for the event are available from the St George's Sporting Club on 0208 467 7647 or www.frankmaloney.com.