Rested Raiders ready for run-in
- Credit: Archant
London Raiders forward Jacob Ranson is writing a blog during the 2014/15 season
It’s been a while since our last game on the Island, but with a weekend off we should be nice and fresh for the Invicta game on Sunday.
The weekend off was nice to get time to relax and have some time off before the last stretch of games this season and the play-offs.
Having some free time meant going out with a few of the boys on the Friday night, to the Maple Leaf to watch some hockey and Bounce ping pong bar.
I then went to Guildford last Sunday to see the Flames play MK Lightning as I wanted to check out some EPL hockey this season, to see what the standard was like.
You may also want to watch:
Other than that, it was a quieter weekend, fairly boring with no road trips anywhere or hockey to play in general, so I’m looking forward to getting back on the ice for an away game in Invicta.
Hopefully we can cause another upset by picking up two points, which I think we have a very good chance of doing now with this team.
- 1 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 2 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 4 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 5 Two men arrested after police officers assaulted in Limehouse rave
- 6 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 7 Man sentenced for assault on Homerton Hospital nurse
- 8 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 9 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 10 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
We need to finish our last five games strong, to shake Oxford from our tails, as well as for getting ready to cause numerous upsets in the post-season.
But first and foremost, we have to look at Sunday as a chance to show our worth, playing a top side in the league.
It’s a massive game for us, as another two points are on the cards and it will send a message to league, that we are here to really push on now.
I feel it will be a hard test, with Invicta’s fire-power up front, so we must play solid defensively and limit their chances throughout while at the same time exploiting their defence, where they are a lot weaker.
Hopefully we can have a great atmosphere from the fans again like on the island, as it makes it feel like we have a sixth man on the ice.
I’m sure Wilko can’t wait to get back into action as well, after his extremely long break through suspension, along with all the team!