Newby (1, 90)
Leyton Orient F.C
Aaron Drinan (24)
Craig Clay (66)
Leyton Orient held to a draw at Rochdale
- Credit: Gavin Ellis/TGS Photo
A 90th minute goal from Alex Newby denied Leyton Orient a win as he nabbed a 2-2 draw for Rochdale.
The home side raced into the lead with the game just 30 seconds old, Corey O'Keeffe heading Liam Kelly's delivery back across the face of goal and Newby nodding home from close range.
But Orient responded positively to the setback and were desperately unlucky when Aaron Drinan met Dan Kemp's cross with a firm header which smashed against the underside of the crossbar before the home defence scrambled clear.
Drinan was not to be denied in the 24th minute, however, again combining with Kemp to race through on goal and fire the ball past Joel Coleman.
The visitors took the lead after 66 minutes when a long throw was partially cleared by Jeriel Dorsett, but Craig Clay met the loose ball on the volley. His execution was low and hard and ran through a crowded box and into the net.
Rochdale levelled in the 90th minute when Kelly's corner was flicked to the back post and Newby converted to complete his brace.
- 1 Met officer sacked for concealing proceeds of husband's crimes
- 2 Sex offences against man and boy in park believed to be linked
- 3 Tower Hamlets' first Amazon Fresh 'no check out' store launches
- 4 Work begins on £300m Chrisp Street Market redevelopment
- 5 Boris Johnson tells people to work from home as covid 'Plan B' confirmed
- 6 Festive events and family days out in east London this weekend
- 7 Council houses named after Matchgirls Strike leader
- 8 County lines drug dealer jailed
- 9 Items from Lidl and Sainsbury's recalled over health and safety concerns
- 10 Man jailed for rape after attacking woman walking back from Canning Town