Runners celebrate Limehouse Festival
- Credit: Archant
Almost 5k event proves a big success
As part of the 30th Anniversary of the Limehouse Festival, a group of 200 runners took part in the Almost 5k – a fun run introduced by the Limehouse Community Forum.
A thorough warm-up by Dickside Fitness set the tone as the participants roared down the back roads of Limehouse, the Thames Path, King Edward Memorial Park, Tobacco Dock, And The Highway, before finishing at Limehouse Marina.
The run was followed by the Limehouse Festival which included a fun day out for the community and celebrated three decades been bigger and better with fun activities for young and old.
Limehouse Community Forum vice chair Lesley Balding and Paul Wells have been amongst the chief organisers of the festival and Balding said: “It’s a beautiful day and the community is out to have a good day together.”
You may also want to watch:
Wells added: “Everybody’s taken part, enjoyed it, and got into the spirit of things. We had a nice warm-up, a nice warm down and to top it all off the weather was great. Next year we hope to make it even more fun.”
To support the Limehouse Community Forum visit https://crowdfunding.justgiving.com/LIMEfest2016.
- 1 Tribute to 7th Barts Health Trust worker to die of Covid-19
- 2 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 3 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 4 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 5 Drug and alcohol abuse by Tower Hamlets parents and children soars
- 6 'We need laptops for lockdown children to learn from home’ Tower Hamlets mayor urges
- 7 Disgraceful management of the pandemic
- 8 Have you seen this 52-year-old man missing from Ilford?
- 9 Post deliveries in east London hit by Covid crisis among Royal Mail staff