School Sport: Pupils turn hand to martial art
- Credit: Archant
Tower Hamlets take team to regional tournament
Young Tower Hamlets judokas put in a solid performance at the British Judo Association London Area Development Event, held at the UEL SportsDock.
For many it was the first time they had even tried the sport on a fun and action-packed day.
Valentine Lita, a Year 6 student from William Davies School, and Ilyas Allalou from Sir John Cass School put in impressive displays throughout the competition.
Oaklands School’s girls enjoyed their first ever judo competition having completed a course and were able to win three medals.
You may also want to watch:
Students from Stepney Green, St Paul’s Way, Bow, Stebon and Lawdale School also took part in the competition where everyone finished with a medal.
- 1 Murder arrest after woman stabbed to death in Whitechapel this morning
- 2 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 3 Two men arrested after police officers assaulted in Limehouse rave
- 4 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 5 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 6 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 8 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 9 Council fined for Alexia Walenkaki's playground death in Mile End and says sorry to family
- 10 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week