Seventh straight win for Pat
YORK HALL regular Pat McAleese moved away from the Bethnal Green venue for the first time on Saturday night, but it did not stop his victory march as he recorded his seventh straight success. McAleese, trained by Johnny Eames at Canning Town s Ultrachem T
YORK HALL regular Pat McAleese moved away from the Bethnal Green venue for the first time on Saturday night, but it did not stop his victory march as he recorded his seventh straight success.
McAleese, trained by Johnny Eames at Canning Town's Ultrachem TKO Gym, appeared on the bill at the Liquid and Envy night club, Redhill, where he scored a fourth-round win over Cambridge rival Louis Byrne.
Light-middleweight McAleese took early control as he dominated the opening rounds landing solid punches.
Byrne battled to turn the tide in the third round, but was still on the receiving end as he took solid shots to the head and body.
You may also want to watch:
He was clearly weakening in the fourth round and McAleese stepped up the pace to force the intervention, which came when referee Ian John Lewis moved in to signal the end.
There was also a debut success for another boxer from the TKO gym, welterweight Darryl Setterfield, on the Redhill promotion.
- 1 Ethnic communities not taking up Covid jabs, Tower Hamlets Mayor warns
- 3 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 4 Council fined for Alexia Walenkaki's playground death in Mile End and says sorry to family
- 5 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 6 Streets around proposed Chinese embassy building could be renamed after persecuted Muslims
- 7 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 8 Police raid cannabis factory near Liverpool Street station: 2 arrests
- 9 No injuries but 20 rescued as firefighters tackle Limehouse blaze
- 10 Death of woman, 75, in Mile End fire could have been avoided
Setterfield boxed his way to a points victory over Peacock Gym campaigner Duncan Cottier in a sound debut display.
DEREK GRAINGER, the former Bethnal Green welterweight, has joined trainer Johnny Eames' team at the Ultrachem TKO Gym in Canning Town.
Grainger, who challenged Del Bryan for the British title in 1994, lost just two of 26 bouts in his own successful ring career.