Sharks trio pick up big medal haul
A TRIO of Bethnal Green Sharks swimmers successfully competed in the Edmonton Phoenix Junior Open Meet, in Enfield, on Saturday. Brid Cudmore, aged 14, won four gold medals for the 50 and 100 metres breaststroke and the 100 metres butterfly and 100 metr
A TRIO of Bethnal Green Sharks swimmers successfully competed in the Edmonton Phoenix Junior Open Meet, in Enfield, on Saturday.
Brid Cudmore, aged 14, won four gold medals for the 50 and 100 metres breaststroke and the 100 metres butterfly and 100 metres individual medley.
She also collected silver medals for the 50 metres butterfly and freestyle.
Thirteen-year-old Sian O'Loughlin won silver medals in the 50 metres backstroke, breaststroke and butterfly and bronze medals in the 50 metres freestyle and 100 metres individual medley.
You may also want to watch:
Zack Campbell-Martin, who is 10, won a gold medal in the 50 metres freestyle.
He also took silver medals in the 50 metres backstroke and breaststroke and collected a bronze in the 50 metres butterfly.
- 1 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 2 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 3 Two in five people in Tower Hamlets may have had Covid-19
- 4 Post deliveries in east London hit by Covid crisis among Royal Mail staff
- 5 'I can save the planet with my seaweed' scientist in east London claims
- 6 Disgraceful management of the pandemic
- 7 Leyton Orient seal late victory over Morecambe
- 8 Drug and alcohol abuse by Tower Hamlets parents and children soars
- 9 Leyton Orient boss Embleton expecting more movement in the transfer window
- 10 'Laptop bonanza' for schoolchildren in Poplar to help survive lockdown gloom
The following day, Zack competed at Crystal Palace in the All London 2009 Sprint Gala, successfully making three finals and one reserve final.
He was fourth in the 50 metres butterfly, came seventh in the breaststroke, eighth in the freestyle and one place lower in the backstroke.