Spencer tastes glory on Olympic waters
Paul Spencer won two medals at Dorney Lake, Eton
Paul Spencer won the Queen’s Diamond Jubilee national Rowing Championships last weekend.
The Poplar Blackwall & District Rowing Club member became the under-19 champion in the double sculls event at the Olympic venue – Dorney Lake – alongside Seb Devereaux on Saturday.
Rowing in Leander Rowing Club colours the duo beat their nearest rivals by a second over the 2,000 metres course.
Spencer’s father Gary said: “We are absolutely elated with Paul’s performance and to win a second national title in two years is a marvellous achievement for anyone.”
You may also want to watch:
The following day, Spencer and Devereaux joined forces with two Leander under-18s and won a second national title, this time in the under-19 quadruple sculls.
- 1 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 2 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 3 Two men arrested after police officers assaulted in Limehouse rave
- 4 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 6 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 7 Council fined for Alexia Walenkaki's playground death in Mile End and says sorry to family
- 8 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 9 Ethnic communities not taking up Covid jabs, Tower Hamlets Mayor warns
- 10 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week