Squash ready for Canary Wharf return
- Credit: Archant
Squash Classic takes place later this month
A stellar line-up of squash players are set to descend on the Docklands later this month when the Canary Wharf Classic takes place.
Commonwealth Games silver medallist James Wilstrop and world number eight Peter Barker will both be in action at the East Wintergarden from March 23-27.
Three-time world champion Nick Matthew will also play in the event and will look to defend his title after beating Wilstrop in the final last year.
“Maybe James and I should play one more time next year and then both retire,” joked Matthew after lifting the trophy in 2014.
You may also want to watch:
The even takes place in a specially-built court in the heart of the Docklands and this year will be the 12th edition.
Tickets have already sold out but there is still space on a waiting list should any tickets become available.
For more information, please visit www.canarywharfsquash.com.
- 1 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 2 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 4 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 5 Two men arrested after police officers assaulted in Limehouse rave
- 6 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 7 Man sentenced for assault on Homerton Hospital nurse
- 8 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 9 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 10 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt