Stevens ready to step up
- Credit: Archant
Trad TKO Gym set to unveil latest young pro
Joe Stevens makes his professional debut under the Trad TKO banner at the Brothers In Arms event at York Hall on Friday.
The super-flyweight is the last of six young fighters to make his bow for Johnny Eames, who said at the time of signing Stevens up a year ago: “Joe’s only 19, a great little stylist. He needs a little developing but we’re pleased to have him on board.
“We’re going to move him on very slowly because he’s a ilttle bit down on man strength.”
But, 12 months on and after sparring with some highly experienced campaigners, Stevens is excited by his next challenge.
You may also want to watch:
He said: “I can’t wait, I’m really looking forward to it as it’s been a long time coming.
“I’ve been at the Trad TKO training with the pros for a while now, so I’m really looking forward to finally turning over.
- 1 Ethnic communities not taking up Covid jabs, Tower Hamlets Mayor warns
- 3 Council fined for Alexia Walenkaki's playground death in Mile End and says sorry to family
- 4 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 5 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 6 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 7 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 8 Streets around proposed Chinese embassy building could be renamed after persecuted Muslims
- 9 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 10 Police raid cannabis factory near Liverpool Street station: 2 arrests
“It’s a bit of a shame it didn’t happen back in July, but it doesn’t matter now as it finally happens this week.
“Training’s been great, I’ve been training with Brian (Brian O’Shaugnessy) he’s a very good trainer, working hard on reactions, speed, everything, he’s a really good trainer.
“I’ve been getting plenty of sparring, I sparred Ian Bailey for his title fight and had a lot of other good spars too. It really has been very good, so I’m really excited and ready for Friday.
“I’d like to thank the fans that have already bought tickets for my pro debut, hopefully more will buy them still as I am going to put on a really good show so they won’t regret coming.”
Joe Stevens, against a yet to be named opponent, features on the undercard of Nathan Graham’s Southern Area light-middleweight title defence against Freddie Turner, which headlines the Johnny Eames Trad TKO Events promoted ‘Brothers In Arms’ event at York Hall in Bethnal Green on Friday October 18.
Tickets, priced £35 (standard seated) and £60 (ringside) are available direct from Joe, online at www.tkoboxoffice.com or in person at the Trad TKO Gym in Canning Town.
For further information, or to purchase tickets by phone, call 07960 850645.