Swimming: Bethnal Green Sharks among the medals
- Credit: Archant
A small group of Bethnal Green Sharks combined for a host of medals at the Erith & Ojays meet.
Ahmed Dawood, 12, led the way with five golds, in the 100m and 200m medley, 200m backstroke and 100m breaststroke and freestyle.
Dawood added two silvers and Chloe Aribowo a bronze.
Nino Figuera, 11, won four golds, a silver and bronze, as Paris Androulidaki took gold and silver and Isla Roberts, 10, won gold, silver and bronze.
Emma Worley added a bronze medal of her own.
You may also want to watch:
Marco Roberts, 13, won gold and silver, while Daniel Malcev took gold and two bronze medals and Charlotte Whorley added a bronze in the same age group.
Lucy Sim, 14, picked up a pair of gold medals, while Francesco Gill, 15, added bronze and Chloe Newman, 16, took a silver and bronze.
- 2 Ethnic communities not taking up Covid jabs, Tower Hamlets Mayor warns
- 3 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 4 The Queen lends her name to Royal London’s emergency Covid wards
- 5 Council fined for Alexia Walenkaki's playground death in Mile End and says sorry to family
- 6 Streets around proposed Chinese embassy building could be renamed after persecuted Muslims
- 7 No injuries but 20 rescued as firefighters tackle Limehouse blaze
- 8 Police raid cannabis factory near Liverpool Street station: 2 arrests
- 9 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
Spaces are available at the club’s learn to swim classes at York Hall Leisure Centre on Wednesday and Friday (7-9pm) for five year olds and older.