Table Tennis: Morpeth School pupils serve up success at Jack Petchey London Schools’ team finals competition
- Credit: Archant
Bethnal Green-based school finished runners-up in the girls under-16s category and third in the under-19 boys group
Morpeth School pupils were able to serve up a number of strong performances at the seventh annual Jack Petchey London Schools’ Table Tennis team finals last week.
The event, hosted by the University of East London, saw 166 players make up 36 teams from 20 different London school.
The categories were boys under-11s, under-13s, under-16s and under-19s and girls under-11s, under-13s, under-16s and under-19s.
Morpeth managed to claim success in the girls under-16s by finishing as runners-up with Yasna Hawbash, Melissa Quian, Isla Hammond and Lily Durand impressing.
You may also want to watch:
The under-19 boys also shone and finished third thanks to Zubair Hussain, Murhad Hussain, Imran Hussain and Jamie Dignum.
Coach Helver Neves said: “We have been involved since the competition started and it’s great. We had six teams competing for the first time after winning the regional round. It was a big challenge, but they did well.”
- 1 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 2 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 3 Two in five people in Tower Hamlets may have had Covid-19
- 4 Students in rent strike over Queen Mary's campus staying open during Covid emergency
- 5 'Laptop bonanza' for schoolchildren in Poplar to help survive lockdown gloom
- 6 Leyton Orient sign Dan Kemp on a permanent deal from West Ham United
- 7 Drug and alcohol abuse by Tower Hamlets parents and children soars
- 8 That's so raven: Everything you need to know about the guardians of the Tower
- 9 Post deliveries in east London hit by Covid crisis among Royal Mail staff
- 10 'I can save the planet with my seaweed' scientist in east London claims