The Suunto Great London Swim returns
- Credit: Archant
Fancy swimming or competiting in an open water race? Europe’s biggest open swim series is returning to the Docklands.
More than 1,500 people are expected to tackle The Suunto Great London Swim, as part of the Great Swim series, when it comes to the Royal Victoria Dock on Saturday, July 1.
Swimmers can enjoy the unique open water event, which is surrounded by the 02 arena, the Emirates Air Line and the East London skyline, including Canary Wharf, Isle of Dogs and the Docklands.
All ability swimmers can take the plunge and join in, with a range of distances on offer from the beginners half mile all the way up to the gruelling 10K open water marathon.
The Suunto Great London Swim starts at 8am and the last swim starts at 2.30pm on the day.
You may also want to watch:
Tickets start from £32 - visit http://grtswim.org/london to book or for more information.
- 1 Tribute to 7th Barts Health Trust worker to die of Covid-19
- 2 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 3 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 4 Drug and alcohol abuse by Tower Hamlets parents and children soars
- 5 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 6 'We need laptops for lockdown children to learn from home’ Tower Hamlets mayor urges
- 7 Disgraceful management of the pandemic
- 8 Have you seen this 52-year-old man missing from Ilford?
- 9 Post deliveries in east London hit by Covid crisis among Royal Mail staff