Tough loss for UEL women’s basketball
- Credit: Archant
BUCS South Eastern 1A: UEL 36 Hertfordshire 69
UEL women’s basketball fought hard against Hertfordshire University, but ultimately fell at the SportsDock.
The hosts dominated much of the third quarter after falling 17 points behind at halftime, but collapsed in the final 15 minutes.
UEL opened the scoring before Herts scored six quick points, but the hosts hit a three to draw within one.
Herts led at the end of the first quarter, but with the score just 14-9, UEL were still very much in the match.
You may also want to watch:
UEL gave up six straight points to start the second and called a timeout to regroup. The East Londoners pulled the game back to 20-12 but then Herts charged ahead again, leading by 13 with less than three minutes remaining and ending the half ahead 33-16.
The hosts finally found some momentum and outscored their opponent 13-5. But with less than a quarter left to play, Herts shut down the UEL scoring attack and raced away to a 33-point win.
- 1 Two in five people in Tower Hamlets may have had Covid-19
- 2 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 3 'Laptop bonanza' for schoolchildren in Poplar to help survive lockdown gloom
- 4 Students in rent strike over Queen Mary's campus staying open during Covid emergency
- 5 Post deliveries in east London hit by Covid crisis among Royal Mail staff
- 6 500 deaf children wait to see if their education needs will be cut by Tower Hamlets Council
- 7 Lockdown dancing in your own living room goes online from Canary Wharf
- 8 Tower of London's Queen raven feared dead
- 9 That's so raven: Everything you need to know about the guardians of the Tower
- 10 Hunt for bogus health worker who gave fake Covid jab to woman of 92