Trad TKO get TV time
- Credit: Archant
Boxing club featured on new channel
A film crew from new British TV channel BT Sport made a visit to the famous East London fight factory, the TRAD TKO Gym, earlier this week to gauge the opinions of the top coaches and many of the young boxing prospects who train there.
Amongst those interviewed were TRAD TKO supremo Johnny Eames, legendary coach Jimmy Tibbs, rising super-middleweight star Frankie Buglioni, soon to be debuting amateur stars Anthony Upton and Amro Azzat, rising female star Marianne Marston as well as two former world title challengers in Bruce Scott and Mark Prince.
Eames said: “It was really nice that BT Sport chose to come and visit us for interviews here at the TRAD TKO.
“It’s an exciting new sports channel which we’re all looking forward to seeing develop.
You may also want to watch:
“All the boys were excited to see this new channel taking an interest in the gym and our fighters, hopefully they’ll take an interest in our promotions also.
“BT Sport has been creating a buzz, lots of conversation in the sports world at the moment, I know that a few of the boys here would love to box on a BT Sport broadcast show.
- 1 Ethnic communities not taking up Covid jabs, Tower Hamlets Mayor warns
- 3 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 4 Council fined for Alexia Walenkaki's playground death in Mile End and says sorry to family
- 5 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 6 Streets around proposed Chinese embassy building could be renamed after persecuted Muslims
- 7 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 8 No injuries but 20 rescued as firefighters tackle Limehouse blaze
- 9 Police raid cannabis factory near Liverpool Street station: 2 arrests
- 10 Death of woman, 75, in Mile End fire could have been avoided
“Who knows in the future maybe we can do something together.”
The interviews with coaches Eames, Tibbs and Buglioni, who is next in action on the Frank Warren promoted event at the Copper Box at the Olympic Park, Stratford on September 21,
were broadcast in midweek on BT Sport 2 on Freeview and Sky channel 427.
They are also online at www.btsport.com or via free BT Sport app on smartphone or table.
Also interviewed were Upton, who fights at York Hall on October 18, Marston and Prince, who appear on October 4, and Scott and Azzat.
Tickets for the above mentioned September and October events, featuring Buglioni, Upton, Marston and Prince are available at www.tkoboxoffice.com or via 07960 850645.
Visit www.tkoboxinggym.com or follow on Twitter @TradTkoBoxing.