Try circuit training at UEL
- Credit: Archant
Lunch time classes available at SportsDock
Circuit training is a form of exercising that concentrates on resistance training using high-intensity aerobics.
And this Halloween mid-term is the perfect opportunity to try UEL SportsDock’s free lunch time circuits class.
Here are seven reasons to try circuits;
1. Get Maximum Results in Minimum Time
You may also want to watch:
Nobody has hours a day to spend in the gym. Circuit training is the perfect workout for anyone with minimal time but wanting maximum results. The whole body approach of circuits means that you can fit it in an effective, total-body workout whether you have 15 minutes or an hour.
2. Challenge Your Whole Body
- 1 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 2 Tribute to 7th Barts Health Trust worker to die of Covid-19
- 3 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 4 Drug and alcohol abuse by Tower Hamlets parents and children soars
- 5 Disgraceful management of the pandemic
- 6 Two in five people in Tower Hamlets may have had Covid-19
- 7 'Laptop bonanza' for schoolchildren in Poplar to help survive lockdown gloom
- 8 Pressure on government to provide laptops for lockdown learning
- 9 That's so raven: Everything you need to know about the guardians of the Tower
Ever found yourself just wandering around the gym floor and making up your route as you go along? By incorporating individual “stations” as part of a whole-body circuit, you’re guaranteed to hit every muscle group.
3. Mix Cardio and Strength Training
You love cardio but know you should do weights too (or vice versa), and forcing yourself to do an entire workout you don’t enjoy can be tedious. Circuit training offers the best of both worlds by allowing you to combine intervals of high-intensity cardio with weight lifting for toning and strength.
4. Send Your Metabolism Soaring
Thanks to the many benefits of high-intensity interval training (HIIT) and heavy weight lifting, circuit training kicks your fat-burning furnace into high gear. You’ll burn more calories in 20 minutes than you would in an entire hour on the cross trainer or bike reading a magazine. Plus, the afterburn effect will have you crushing calories for up to 48 hours after your workout ends.
5. Never Waste another Minute
Waiting in line for your favourite machine in the gym are fast ways to kill your motivation. With circuit training, it’s easy to swap out one station for a different exercise and still get the same great workout.
6. Try All the Latest Fitness Tools
Have you ever been curious about a new piece of equipment but weren’t sure how to use it? Circuit training allows you to mix traditional body weight exercises with cutting-edge gym tools so that you can get comfortable with new equipment in a supervised environment.
7. Beat Gym Boredom
Because circuit training is such a flexible format, the options in how you set up your workout are limitless. Whether you like to stick to one routine for a while to measure your progress or prefer mixing it up every time you go to the gym, having a plan will make you more confident and efficient.
n UEL SportsDock have two free circuit classes every Monday and Thursday at 1.15pm. No membership or booking is required so why not come along to E16 2RD to find out the benefits of circuits for yourself.