Turner named in Repton squad for Scandinavia trip
Repton welterweight Freddie Turner has been named in the squad heading to Norway this weekend as the Bethnal Green club bids for international honours
Repton welterweight Freddie Turner, who returned to the Bethnal Green outfit last month, is named in the squad heading to Norway this weekend as the club bids to add to a lengthy list of international honours.
Talented Turner returned to Repton following spells in the colours of West Ham and Peacock boxing clubs and joins the club party heading for Scandinavia in a tournament that has attracted a strong entry from European countries.
Other seniors in the travelling party include Frank Buglioni, Michael McCarthy, Michael Channing, Lee Newman, and Martin Ward.
Repton's travelling band also includes some of the club's classy juniors, with Obie Coates, Connor Packman, Albert Lee, Tom Buckley and Mark Baker all named in the squad for the Norway trip.
You may also want to watch:
Repton boxers are also in action this week at the London CYP Youth championship contests when the club field an 18-strong list of entries.
The championships began with preliminary contests at the Lion Club in Hoxton on Tuesday, with semi-finals due to take place at York Hall on Saturday (12.30pm).
- 1 The Queen lends her name to Royal London’s emergency Covid wards
- 2 Death of woman, 75, in Mile End fire could have been avoided
- 3 That's so raven: Everything you need to know about the guardians of the Tower
- 4 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 5 Tribute to 7th Barts Health Trust worker to die of Covid-19
- 6 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 7 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 8 'We need laptops for lockdown children to learn from home’ Tower Hamlets mayor urges
- 9 Two in five people in Tower Hamlets may have had Covid-19
- 10 'Laptop bonanza' for schoolchildren in Poplar to help survive lockdown gloom
Class B Under-66kg challenger George O'Mahoney leads the Repton contingent.
Five of the club's national schoolboy title hopes were awarded byes into the semi-finals of the competition, which take place in Haslemere, Surrey on Saturday February 21.