UEL enjoy volley good wins
- Credit: Archant
Squads show progress on the court
UEL’s men’s volleyball squad booked a place in the quarter-finals of the BUCS Championships with victory over Cambridge.
They enjoyed a comfortable win over their rivals, confirming they belong at the top of British Universities volleyball, and will head to Edinburgh on March 15-16.
UEL finished third at the Volleyball England Student Cup in February and will be aiming for more success in Scotland.
And having won the South East League title and reached the last eight of the national competition, they will become the first UEL team to compete in the highest level of BUCS Leagues as of next season.
You may also want to watch:
The women’s squad also registered an easy win over Essex in the quarter-finals of the South Eastern Conference Cup.
UEL produced a solid performance to win without dropping a set to reach the last four and are seen as favourites for the title.
- 1 Murder arrest after woman stabbed to death in Whitechapel this morning
- 2 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 3 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 4 Two men arrested after police officers assaulted in Limehouse rave
- 5 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 6 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 8 Leyton Orient boss is expecting more transfer movement in the window
- 9 Council fined for Alexia Walenkaki's playground death in Mile End and says sorry to family
- 10 Ethnic communities not taking up Covid jabs, Tower Hamlets Mayor warns