UEL get better of Brunel
- Credit: Archant
UEL 90 Brunel 65
The University of East London men’s basketball squad proved too good for their Brunel University rivals in the BUCS Premier South on Wednesday.
Brunel took an early lead, but UEL fought back to make it 7-7 in an evenly contested opening few minutes.
UEL fell 12-11 behind halfway through the first quarter, but a strong end to the session meant they led 22-15 at the first break.
The gap grew in the second quarter, with UEL building a 20-point advantage at one stage with the score at 47-27.
You may also want to watch:
UEL played a lot of fast-paced, skilful basketball in this quarter, scoring several three-pointers and pulling off some exciting individual runs as a result.
At the halfway mark, the home side led 51-36 and their control of proceedings continued in the third quarter, with UEL’s dominance in the game being reflected by a 73-48 scoreline.
- 1 Police bid to trace man in connection with Tube station sex assault
- 2 Jailed: Bethnal Green man who tried to buy hand grenade to use on police
- 3 Met launches summer operation as teen killings surge
- 4 Whitechapel lab to research East End's high throat cancer rates
- 5 'Tokyo Olympics? Tough call after Covid,' says Montell Douglas
- 6 'We need more Covid vaccines,' Tower Hamlets mayor warns
- 7 Trial date set for MP Apsana Begum charged with 'housing fraud'
- 8 Tributes paid after Tower Hamlets councillor dies at 40
- 9 Rabina Khan: What we must do five years on from Brexit referendum
- 10 Campaign groups link up for Hackney Town Hall anti-road closure demo
Brunel did manage to get back into the game by the end of the quarter, but UEL still took a 73-53 lead into the final 10 minutes.
UEL enjoyed a comfortable final quarter, taking a 90-61 lead before Brunel scored four more points before the final buzzer.
And the victory keeps UEL at the top of the table ahead of Oxford University, who they face next on February 1.