UEL land another beach double
- Credit: UEL
Volleyball squads defend titles
The University of East London celebrated a Volleyball England Beach Student Cup double for the second year in a row recently.
The largest student beach volleyball event in the country draws over 200 students annually and UEL saw Mark Garcia-Kidd and Scott Weninger crowned mens’ champions, as Alex Vadjova and Luca Totth lifted the women’s title.
“I’m very proud to come back to Croyde and retain our beach volleyball title against tough competition this year,” said Garcia-Kidd.
“A double victory for a second year in a row show’s UEL’s dominance on the beach volleyball circuit.”
You may also want to watch:
Matthew Tansley, UEL’s high performance sport manager, added: “I’m very proud of the players and this victory will serve as good preparation for the European University Championships.
“It is only by consistently competing and winning these types of competitions that we’ll cement our reputation as a leading university volleyball programme.”
- 1 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 2 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 3 Two in five people in Tower Hamlets may have had Covid-19
- 4 Post deliveries in east London hit by Covid crisis among Royal Mail staff
- 5 Disgraceful management of the pandemic
- 6 'I can save the planet with my seaweed' scientist in east London claims
- 7 Drug and alcohol abuse by Tower Hamlets parents and children soars
- 8 Leyton Orient boss Embleton expecting more movement in the transfer window
- 9 Leyton Orient sign Dan Kemp on a permanent deal from West Ham United
- 10 Leyton Orient seal late victory over Morecambe