UEL smash tennis rivals
- Credit: EMPICS Sport
Women’s team ease to cup success
The University of East London women’s tennis team were convincing winners of their latest fixture.
The girls played Canterbury Christ Church University at the Connaught Club in the second round of the cup.
And, despite the bad weather, three singles matches were played and UEL won all of them.
Lutfiana Budiharto won her match 6-1, 1-0 as her opponent was unable to complete the match due to injury.
You may also want to watch:
Millenia Severino came out on top in her match by a 6-0, 6-1 scoreline, while Camille Prulhiere won 6-1, 6-3.
None of the doubles matches could be played due to the poor weather, but the UEL squad stayed professional and are through for the next round.
- 1 The Queen lends her name to Royal London’s emergency Covid wards
- 2 Death of woman, 75, in Mile End fire could have been avoided
- 3 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 4 Tribute to 7th Barts Health Trust worker to die of Covid-19
- 5 That's so raven: Everything you need to know about the guardians of the Tower
- 6 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 7 'We need laptops for lockdown children to learn from home’ Tower Hamlets mayor urges
- 8 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 9 'Laptop bonanza' for schoolchildren in Poplar to help survive lockdown gloom
- 10 Two in five people in Tower Hamlets may have had Covid-19