UFC: Brad Pickett to bow out at UFC Fight Night London
- Credit: PA Wire/Press Association Images
Bow native named on initial bill for March 18 event
Bow boy Brad Pickett is set for an emotional farewell at The O2 Arena on March 18 after the initial card for UFC Fight Night London was announced.
The 38-year-old will fight Mexican Henry Briones in London in what will be Pickett’s final bout before retirement.
After excelling at a young age in football, an injury turned Pickett to combat sports and his passion in what, at that time, was a relatively unknown movement.
With knockout power and an exciting fighting style, Pickett fast rose up the ranks and became a fan favourite in the UFC as well as a pioneer for British MMA.
You may also want to watch:
Pickett will leave his heart and gloves in the Octagon, as he looks to thrill his hometown fans one last time.
Also in action are fellow British stars Leon Edwards, Marc Diakiese, Tom Breese, Bradley Scott, Scott Askham and Darren Stewart.
- 1 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 2 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 3 Two in five people in Tower Hamlets may have had Covid-19
- 4 'I can save the planet with my seaweed' scientist in east London claims
- 5 Post deliveries in east London hit by Covid crisis among Royal Mail staff
- 6 Disgraceful management of the pandemic
- 7 Drug and alcohol abuse by Tower Hamlets parents and children soars
- 8 'Laptop bonanza' for schoolchildren in Poplar to help survive lockdown gloom
- 9 That's so raven: Everything you need to know about the guardians of the Tower
- 10 Rotherhithe tunnel to close all next week for urgent repairs
Tickets for UFC Fight Night London will go on general sale on January 27 via AXS and Ticketmaster.
In order to avoid disapppointment, fans are encouraged to register interest for the event visit ufc.com/London. All bouts live and subject to change.