UFC: Jimi Manuwa added to London bill
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
UFC Fight Night London takes place at The O2 on March 17
London fighter Jimi Manuwa has been added to the bill when UFC returns to the capital at The O2 on March 17.
Known as ‘Posterboy’, the 37-year-old Croydon light heavyweight will tackle Jan Blachowicz on the UFC Fight Nigh London card.
The pair previously met in Blachowicz’ native Poland in April 2015, with Manuwa coming out on top.
Manuwa will want to return to winning ways having lost on his last outing in July 2017, and the hometown favourite is confident of success in London.
You may also want to watch:
“He won’t make it to the last bell. He’s the only fighter I’ve gone to a decision with in my career and I aim to rectify that on March 17. I will knock him out,” he said.
“I respect him as he is willing to fight anyone and he’s definitely improved since we last met, but I’ve got significantly better and we will see this in the Octagon.
- 1 Murder arrest after woman stabbed to death in Whitechapel this morning
- 2 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 3 Two men arrested after police officers assaulted in Limehouse rave
- 4 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 5 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 6 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 8 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 9 Council fined for Alexia Walenkaki's playground death in Mile End and says sorry to family
- 10 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
“I’ll be patient and strike when he makes mistakes.”
As well as Manuwa’s bout, UFC Fight Night London will also see Leon Edwards meet Peter Sobotta; Mark Godbeer come up against Dmitry Poberezhets; and Paul Craig face Magomed Ankalaev.
Tickets for the event go on general sale on February 2. Fans can register their interest in the event via ufc.com/london.
For more information, or current fight news, visit www.ufc.com.